Brian Griswold is a licensed clinical professional counselor (LCPC) providing therapy for men. He maintains a private practice in Towson, MD.
Brian has over thirty years of pastoral experience working with couples, families and individuals. He is a graduate of Loyola University's Pastoral Counseling program which has equipped him to meet the needs of clients with a broad spectrum of challenges and concerns. He also has led a dynamic Christ centered 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery which reaches people with hurts, habits and hang-ups of all kinds.
In addition to being involved in recovery work, he specializes in working with men who struggle with sexual addiction and enjoys seeing them free of it's hold on their life. Brian has presented at conferences and to general audiences speaking on the topics of marriage, relationships and healthy sexuality.
Brian uses a cognitive behavioral therapeutic approach, to create a treatment plan tailored to the unique needs of the client. As a Pastoral Counselor, Brian is equipped to blend his theoretical approach with a Christ centered theology for those who wish it. With sensitivity and compassion, Brian helps clients to identify and build upon their strengths as they work towards life goals and problem resolution.
- LCPC with the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Nationally Certified Counselor
- Masters in Pastoral Counseling from Loyola University
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Southern Connecticut State University
- Certified Facilitator for Prepare – Enrich pre-marriage and marriage assessments
- Four Units of Clinical Pastoral Education while at Hasbro Children's Hospital and Hospice of Rhode Island
- Diploma in Ministry Studies from Zion Bible College
- Safe Harbor Christian Counseling ( www.safeharbor1.com ), contract clinician 2008 - 2014
- Celebrate Recovery ( www.crbaltimore.com ) Co-Director 2007 - Present
- Teen Challenge of Baltimore ( www.baltimoretc.net ) Therapist for students 2009 - 2011